Applications for the above positions are invited.
This position will be directly responsible for coordinating the production of environmental impact assessments.
You will need to be able to self-manage and work with a busy team of experts from within Fiji and overseas.
You will be expected to deliver a wide variety of environmental reports and assessments that meet international standards and client deadlines.
Applicants must be willing to travel widely within the rural areas of Fiji and the Pacific region, including to Papua New Guinea and the Solomon Islands.
Applicants must meet the following selection criteria:
- Post-graduate qualification in Environmental Science,
- At least 8 years of experience in environmental consulting and/or environmental project management,
- At least 5 years of experience in working in environmental consulting in the South Pacific,
- Professional experience in facilitating public meetings and stakeholder workshops,
- Experience in building and managing relationship with clients including having worked with government aid agencies and intergovernmental organisations,
- Proficiency in working with Geographic Information Systems,
- Professional experience in environmental or project management work relating to mines (in Fiji or overseas),
- Experience in managing and training staff,
- Excellent written and spoken English,
- Fiji Drivers license.
The following criteria are preferred:
- Experience in Environmental Change Management,
- qualification in environmental law,
- Proficiency in other languages (please include copies of any certificates in your application),
- Experience with working in other Pacific Island countries is preferred.
Applicant needs to be able to provide on request at least 5 Environmental or Social Impact Assessment reports that he or she has been a major contributor towards.
All applications must address the selection criteria. Applications must be delivered or emailed to the below address by Monday 27 April. Late applications will not be accepted.
Direct applications or enquiries to the Office and Financial Manager:
Environment Consultants Fiji,
Box 2041, Government Buildings,
Tel: 338 3189; Fax: 338 1818
Email: [email protected]