Goal and Strategic Objectives
Establishing and focusing on a long-term goal with strategic objectives is the best way for NatureFiji-MareqetiViti to become an effective advocate for Fiji’s natural heritage.
The overall goal that drives our work is:
Measurably improved management of Fiji’s natural heritage in fulfilling the National Biodiversity Strategy and Action Plan, and Fiji’s obligations under the Convention on Biological Diversity.
The five strategic objectives that currently drive our work are:
- NatureFiji-MareqetiViti is an established membership-based and sustainably-managed organisation, with productive partnerships with key national and international stakeholders;
- Fiji’s children, landowners, general public and elected leaders have an enhanced understanding and awareness on the value of, and the need for, natural heritage conservation.
- Fiji’s diverse forest and river habitats represented in a protected area network.
- Extinction risk reduced for Fiji’s priority threatened species.
- Sustainable management of Fiji’s forest and island ecosystems of national heritage importance.
Strategic Programmes & Objectives
NFMV has developed 5 specific Strategic Programmes within which all our core values and goals are achieved.
All our projects fit into one or more of these Strategic Programme Areas.
Objective: NatureFiji-MareqetiViti established as an effective democratically governed NGO capable of contributing to the NBSAP through direct conservation action and effective advocacy
Objective: Measurably enhanced understanding on the value of, and the need for, natural heritage conservation and enhanced capacity to manage natural resources amongst target audiences