Explore the incredible site of the planned Savaurua Botanic Gardens with Lex
Join Lex in exploring the beautiful forested area which will soon be developed into the Savaurua Botanic Gardens. Learn about Fiji’s flora and fauna on your bushwalk to the stream and waterfall. Enjoy a swim in the pools/rapids and a picnic with your family.
Savurua has two lovely waterfalls and the area is covered in native forest while another area will be converted into a more formal botanical gardens setting focussed on Fijian plant species. The area adjoins the Viti Levu Southern Highlands Important Bird Area and is rich in Fijian endemic bird species, including the threatened Black-faced Shrikethrush. It includes one of the best remaining stands of the endangered Fiji’s sago palm. The streams on either side of the gardens are pristine with native fish, numerous rapids, deep pools and spectacular waterfalls.
- Savurua Botanical Gardens www.facebook.com/BotanicalGardensFiji
- Transport will be provided from Suva
- Destination: 15 minutes inland from Pacific Harbour
- 8.00 am Sharp: Depart Suva from the Civic Center bus stop.
- 1.00pm Depart Savaurua
- Fitness: a moderate level of fitness is required.
- Children 7 years and above
Book and pay early to secure a place for this unique opportunity.
$25 for NatureFiji member. $35 for non-member.
Become a member and enjoy the discounted rate.