- This event has passed.
Light Trapping Moths with Siteri
Saturday, April 30, 2016 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Join Siteri for a wonderful moth night at Colo-i-Suva
Be surprised by what you will learn about moths. They come in incredible variety of shapes and colors and some are as beautiful as butterflies and arguably more useful. Second to only bees in their ability to pollinate a variety of plant species, moths also play vital roles in the natural ecosystem to which they belong.
Participants will assist in setting up light traps, collecting specimens and identifying them.
Only 15 places available so book and pay early to secure a place.
Moths Evening Details
- Duration aprox: 1.5 hours – 2 hours.
- Fitness: Easy, short walk to site. Wear long pants and suitable shoes.
- Bring torches (preferably head torches), raincoat and mosquito repellent.
- Transport NOT provided.. Meet at designated area in Colo-i-Suva.
- More information on where to meet and what to bring will be sent to participants later.
- Cost $10 for NatureFiji member. $20 for non-member.
- Minimum Age: 10 years.
- Become a member and enjoy the discounted rate.
Contact Anna Billings: [email protected] Tel: 310 0598
- Saturday, April 30, 2016
6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Event Categories:
- Kids Nature Club, Learn from the Scientists Series, Membership
- Anna Billing Sahai
- 310 0598
- View Organizer Website